MP Dreeshen Encourages Community Groups to Apply for Canada 150 Funding
Red Deer - Earl Dreeshen, MP for Red Deer is encouraging local community organizations to apply for Canada 150 funding at www.Canada.ca/150. The goal of the Canada 150 Fund is to create opportunities for Canadians to participate in activities that contribute to building a sense of pride and attachment to Canada.
The Canada 150 vision includes three elements.
- Celebrating and Bringing Canadians Together: Canadians and their communities will have opportunities to participate and celebrate together and building a deeper understanding of Canada, its people and what it means to be Canadian.
- Giving back to Canada: Canadians will be challenged to dream about what the future holds for the next 150 years, and to give back to our country, providing meaningful change and lasting legacies for future generations.
- Honouring the Exceptional: Exceptional Canadian people, places, achievements and events will be showcased to help shape Canada’s leaders of tomorrow.
Funding for Community Driven Activities are is being considered through an ongoing competitive process that currently has no deadline. The funding is available for a wide range of groups, including Canadian not-for-profit organizations, Canadian business corporations, Canadian schools and Canadian municipal governments and their institutions.
The Canada 150 Fund can support a wide range of projects, including but not limited to:
- Celebratory or commemorative activities and events;
- Community building activities and events;
- Sport and active-living activities and events;
- Plaques, monuments and permanent installations;
- Ceremonies for site dedications;
- Interpretive programming and tours;
- Documentary films;
- Learning materials and activities;
- Theatrical or musical performances; and
- Large-scale artwork projects
In addition, there will be a limited number of high impact, large-scale projects that are national in scope. National signature initiatives will also be considered through a competitive process that is already open. Deadline to submit Expressions of interest is May 29, 2015.
“I encourage all organizations in Central Alberta to consider making an application for the Canada 150 Fund,” said Dreeshen. “Canada 150 is will be an important celebration across our country and I look forward to seeing our community celebrate that milestone.”
For more information on Canada 150 Fund, please consult www.canada.ca/150 or contact MP Dreeshen’s office.